I think everybody in this entire world needs a Cuisinart ice-cream maker. I so strongly believe this that I’m giving away 3 of them from the goodness of my heart.
No I’m not because I’ve not reached the point in my blogging career. If Cuisinart contacts me and tells me to give them away, I will use random comment picker apps to pick the most undeserving comment I’ve ever heard and call you “#4523” asking you to send me your address. I hate it when that happens.
I’m just glad I got the spelling of Cuisinart correct the first time.
I made some chocolate ice-cream! HOORAYYYY! See picture above. See lack of fancy photo applications. See a blog post that lacks any semblance of looking “cute, quirky, ad-worthy”. Hi.
Here’s what you need:
A Cuisinart ice-cream maker
The book that comes with the Cuisinart ice-cream maker. Turn to page 3
3/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted. If you don’t have a sifter, don’t fret. Just stir extra.
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
A pinch of salt
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup whole milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract that’s oh-so-pure and is wondering what the heck it’s doing in a chocolate ice-cream recipe anyway. Weirdo.
1) Mix the cocoa, sugars and salt. Add the milk and combine until everything dissolves to oblivion.
2) Stir in the heavy cream and the oh-so-pure vanilla extract that got lost on the way to the recipe it actually belongs to.
3) Re-fur-getate. I mean refrigerate for 1-2 hours and overnight if you can wait that long.
BEST PART ALERT!!!
4) Dump it in the ice-cream maker and watch it turn. I mean churn, churn, churn.
(Pretend The Byrds are saying “Churn”. It’s soooooo grooovy)
5) Holy crap, it turned to ice-cream.
Cuz Rumplestilskin is my name.
(I forgot to tell you I added Reese’s Pieces)
I’m probably never going to eat this because I don’t like that I used that much sugar or heavy cream in the recipe. Awesomepants on the other hand, does not CARE. He loves it all. Light, floaty, taste is what I go for but the recipe always goes somewhere else. Thank the lawd for husbands!